View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 11:23 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Winnipeg Jets 2013 Lineup and Statistical Analysis (See Post 1 for reference)

WINNIPEG JETS LINEUP

LWCRW
Andrew LaddBryan LittleBlake Wheeler
Evander KaneOlli JokinenKyle Wellwood
Eric Tangradi Alexander BurmistrovMike Santorelli
James Wright Aaron Gagnon Chris Thorburn
LDRD
Ron HainseyZach Bogosian
Grant ClitsomeDustin Byfuglien
Mark StuartPaul Postma
G
Ondrej Pavelec
Al Montoya

Current Injuries:
Tobias Enstrom - upper body; "day-to-day"
Zach Redmond - lower body; ETA: recently cleared for practice
Anthony Peluso - broken hand; ETA: "day-to-day"
Jim Slater - upper body; "week-to-week"
Nikolai Antropov - lower body; "week-to-week"

Current Healthy Scratches:
Derek Meech
Antti Miettinen
Artūrs Kulda

Traded/Waived:
Alexei Ponikarovsky

*I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible with any line changes changes, call-ups, etc. (mods feel free to change as you wish)
*You can click the name of each player to go each players individual stats breakdowns which I will also try to keep updated and link the new ones when they come up.
*On this thread I'll post team stats or comparing our players in how each is doing on PP, PK, etc.
*I highly encourage anyone to add their own work, stats, interpretations, etc. I remember there was a thread last season that was sticky'd. The more input the better!

Stats I Usually Use:

Usage Stats:
QoC: quality of competition - how tough of matchup they are lined up against can be measured by opponents Corsi, RelCorsi or TOI (the later two end up giving similar results, first one varies a bit) - I usually use the second one as the third one is tough to get a hold of
OZS
: offensive zone starts - percentage of shifts started in the o-zone rather d-zone

Results Stats:
Fenwick - differential like +/- but includes shots on goal and missed shots; usually per 60 TOI unless stated - good for team results as has a strong correlation to scoring chances, puck possession time and winning games - used instead of Corsi for teams as blocked shots is sometimes a team strategy (see NYR)
Corsi - same as Fenwick but includes blocked shots - better than Fenwick for individuals as you have more events (ie: larger sample size)
RelCorsi - players Corsi relative to teams average for games played which helps minimize team affects when comparing players from two different teams - ex: if you have a Corsi of +3 in a game where your team had a Corsi of +1, your RelCorsi would be +2
P (or A1 or G)/60 - its a players points (or primary assists or goals) per 60 minutes of icetime, as a players icetime can make their totals seem insignificant or better than they are (ex: Kane scored more goals per minute than Kessel last season in both ES and PP, but Kessel had more TOI and his totals were much more)

Statistical References and Websites:

Arctic Ice Hockey - Winnipeg Jets blog that commonly dips into advance statistics
Behind The Net - site that draws NHL.com stats and places it into adv. stats
Nice Time on Ice - another raw data site (but different) like Behind the Net
Hockey Analysis - third raw data site I (and others) commonly use
NHL Numbers - a NHL blog that also leans on advance statistics
Jets Nation - the Jets section of NHL Numbers (emphasis on Robert Cleave's work)

Arctic Ice Hockey was originally an advance statistics blog started up by Winnipegger Gabe (same guy who runs Behind the Net), and so has a lot of information on the advance statistics themselves in our archives. Our editors recently organized all the pre-Jets 2.0 advance stats write ups.
We recently organized all the old writeups on advance statistics and what they mean ->HERE<-

Last edited by garret9: 05-04-2013 at 11:56 AM.
garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote