Thread: Value of: Jonathan Bernier
View Single Post
01-15-2013, 11:29 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
McKenzie did not state the offer was a 1st and Connolly... I know he stated that he thinks TB will trade for Bernier, and people speculated from there... and by people, I mean no one of credibility.

Case in point:

My whole issue is that you put a value on JB, but in reality I doubt that is the value Lombardi puts on him. My only evidence is to compare his value to his peers. Varlamov got a first and a second, but Varlamov had accomplished more at the time of his trade and was considered by most hockey pundits as the better goalie.

Again, I get your point that LA doesn't have to trade him and that it would take a significant return for DL to consider it. My issue is that what you feel the return should be is simply unrealistic at best, and that no GM will pay that price to acquire him for that. You'd be waiting til Bernier hits free agency for an offer like that.
again i know what i saw and heard from mackenize wheather you belive me or not is something we ll agree to disagree, Dean has stated interviews that he frist + is minimum what he wants Please someone who has the link to this post it as i dont keep them like others do. I do think its realistic so again agree to disagree. I think all he needs is a few games in a row to prove he can handle it. This year he will get more games as the schedule will require resting quick more. Again i got no probelm waiting for the return because he is worth it.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote