Thread: Top Line
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 12:36 AM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I just don't feel that Schenn complements the top line as well as Voracek does. Voracek is fast, big, and more pass-friendly. Hartnell does what Schenn would do really. I am fine with either, I just thought the Simmonds-Briere-Schenn combo clicked well enough to have Jake on the top line.
The beauty of this is that we get to see it and adjust accordingly. To me, the rationale for Schenn over Voracek is puck control. You want Giroux to control the play of the first line and be there to distribute or finish as the openings present. Voracek, imo, has less finishing ability than Schenn and his puck control abilities would be of incredibly high value on the 2nd line. A Briere - Couturier - Voracek second line offers a lot.

Overall, regardless of how the season starts, the lines will almost assuredly see some adjustments as the season progresses. We're going to roll 4 lines because of our exceptional depth, so it's no issue for jake to play the second line, especially as it appears he'll get top PP time as well.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote