View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Morgoth Bauglir
Master Of The Fates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I feel that it's a toss-up between the Rangers and Wings. The Rangers financial success is obviously a cornerstone. They lead the Northeast quadrant of the country. Detroit however, and in no small part due to its success and the way the economic turbulence has spread Michiganders all over the US, draws in the rest of the country [outside the NE quadrant]. No matter where the team plays, you see a rather large contingent of Wings fans in the crowds.

I know this is anecdotal, but having moved to the Pacific NW recently, I notice 'hockey' things. I've seen a few Wings jerseys and caps in general, saw someone with a Sharks jersey recently and not much else NHL-wise. Does that mean anything this far from Detroit?

You also can't ignore that VS/NBC always takes the maximum number of games possible for broadcasts of the Wings. (The only Western team that that has the standing of the Eastern bloc.)
In Tacoma the only NHL gear you can get in the stores is Canucks and Sharks stuff. I have to order my stuff.

Morgoth Bauglir is offline   Reply With Quote