View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 02:50 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightning...medium=twitter
Quote:
For the first three days of training camp the second-year pro has been working almost exclusively on a line with Vinny Lecavalier and Teddy Purcell. If Conacher entered training camp penciled in on that line, it might be time to switch that over to permanent ink heading into Saturday's season-opener against Washington.

When asked about how he sees the situation unfolding this week, Conacher wore a constant smile, as if perhaps he'd already been let in on what appears to be apparent at this point.

"They are really giving me a good opportunity,'' Conacher said. "It's really been a dream to play in the NHL so it's important for me to take advantage of this and hopefully show the coaching staff that they haven't made a mistake by putting me there and I have to do the things that make me belong on that line.''
Quote:
"He has a lot of speed and he is a very smart player,'' Lecavalier said. "I think we have connected right away.''

"It looks like he is hungry and is a guy that can make plays,'' Purcell said. "He's obviously done some good stuff in the AHL, and it's a big jump to the NHL but he looks like a guy that is capable of making it.''
Quote:
"It was important for me to have a good start to the year and show that I'm still hungry for the spot,'' Conacher said. "I was hungry at the start of the year hoping that the NHL would figure it out and they didn't . . . it's an honor to be here it's going to be a good week and hopefully I can do the little things of the coaches like and maybe I can stick around for a little while.''

Chances are he'll be for longer than that.

"We feel in the past year and a half in the American League that he is a top notch player,'' Boucher said. "But I like the fact that he's relentless, I liked that last year in camp and I like that again.''