View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 03:17 AM
DJOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
I'd look long and hard at this honestly. Best proposal ITT yet IMHO.
I figure a package like that or similar will be moved soon for either Weiss or Plekanec (unless ANA gives up on signing Getzlaf and decides to make him available). The Canucks need a top tier 2nd liner immediately.

If you look at what Rebeiro and Roy moved for, the package is quite a bit better...I know both are upcoming UFAs but with the cap going down, I'm not sure if contracts that are considered average at today's market are a good thing to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
If Galchenyuk is ready to go..... And Plekanec is out there for trade bait..... I would like the Habs to get young NHL ready players.

Vancouver seems like they could be interested in that. Being tight against the cap though, I don't think they would be able to make a deal unless Luongo heads out.

If not cap wise, they would have to take a look at maybe Hansen + Raymond + Kassian to make it close to the cap and get their #2 center but take them depth off the 3rd line, which I don't know if they would be ready to do that.
I don't think Vancouver is too worried about the Cap when it comes to forwards, we have guys like Luongo and Ballard who we can move to make space and have about $1.7M in space with our full roster which will be increased temporarily with Kesler and Booth both on LTIR (Kesler = $5M, Booth = $4.25M).

I know Vancouver fans hate on Raymond a lot but the guys put up 32 and 35 ES points before having a bad year last year coming off a broken back. I don't think management is in a rush to dump the guy (for the record, Plekanec had 28 ES points last year).

Hansen I probably wouldn't trade straight up for Plekanec...he's coming off a 16G and 39PTS at ES or SH while playing solid physically and defensively for $1.35M (note: Plekanec has only done better than that twice in his career). For a cap team what Hansen provides for the price is invaluable.

Kassian likely won't be traded because we gave up Cody Hodgson for him and has the potential to provide exactly what this team needs, a top 6 forward that can drop the mits and be physically intimidating - he wouldn't be traded without a physical player coming back.

Realistically I could see the Canucks moving either Raymond and/or Booth + picks/prospects in a trade for Plekanec but that's about it. They can't really make a trade more that nets more than a -1 roster forward as they don't have anyone available from the farm to come up and fill spots in permanent roles.

If you need roster guys, I could see us doing Raymond + Gaunce + 3rd for Plekanec...but I think you guys would probably rather 1st + Gaunce.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote