View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 04:40 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Regarding the debate, yes it is petty (disputes of all nature always have pettiness on both sides) and I feel for the lower tier/young players who really could have used the supplemental income from playing overseas for a few months, but ultimately the suspensions shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I know...it just seems that the Islanders are petty in their actions, much as the Sabres were under Golisano
Well, Wang is pretty much terrible, so yeah. That franchise had no hope in my opinion until it struck a deal to move to Barclays. That should help their revenue with an immediate burst and hopefully a longterm, sustainable growth. Then maybe Wang will not be such a miser or more likely his threshold for misering will at least rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
No surprise here, was between him or Pavel.

Anyone else think the Flyers are going to do some serious damage this year? There my early cup prediction....
I did not like the JVR-Schenn trade, even though they needed defense and even though I love when relatives play together in sports. It could work out for them and forward depth is obviously not a real concern, but still... I'm sure there was a better trade out there to improve their D. Tangible steps forward from Couts and The Good Schenn should make them as dangerous as any team. Comes down to whether Bryz can play closer to his career norm than he did last season.

Last edited by Rob Paxon: 01-16-2013 at 04:47 AM.