View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 07:19 AM
TonyTinglebone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
The U-16 roster is out and Myers is there I am just surprised as he was not at the summer camp he will help the team for sure and you are right 4-6 , I watched Thompson play this weekend and he was good but I did not see a huge improvement you have to remember RNS does not play in the tough midget league as the others do.When they all play together in Quebec this summer you will be able to get a better read of were they all fit in still not ready to throw Deschene under the bus he is a physical force and once he figures out how to control his emotions I think he will be fine,people need to remember these kids are just turning 16 and are the best in there age group.
I agree about not throwing Deschenes under the bus. He is still the top regarded 97 dman in the maritimes. He has played a lot of hockey over the past 3-4 years and all this talk of people catching up might just be the over exposure factor. This is what, his 3rd year on the U-16 team? That's pretty impressive in it's own right. I was just putting it out there about Thompson because as you said he doesn't play in the midget league and doesn't get the exposure of the rest of these guys. I think people will be really surprised when they see him in Quebec.

With respect to Myers, I think the best thing about this new U-16 tournament is that the team isn't picked until now, as opposed to having a team based off of a couple camps over the summer. The best players were scouted and I think they did a great job picking this team. I could ask a couple of questions about some selections and omissions but it seems they did a pretty darn good job here.

Surprised to see Jacob Vance as a forward, thought he played defense?

Glad to see Kyle Ward there, he has really come into his own this year, He appears to have taken a HUGE step forward this year.

I am also very happy to see that Tristan Meadows made the team. I think that he has been the most overlooked goaltender, as well as the best goaltender in the province for that age group. Nice to see that he is getting some recognition.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote