View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Baggy Spandex
The Nightman Cometh

vCash: 500
About a year and a half ago I was put into the boards knee first, tearing my left medial meniscus and straining my MCL. Bar-none, worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I couldn't walk for a few weeks. Impact, such as up and down hopping on the leg didn't hurt at all, but bending it was out of the question for a while. Visited a great orthopedic doctor and had an MRI to confirm te tear. He recommended not scoping it yet and just working on strengthening the muscles in my leg once I was able to walk on it. Scoping was an option, but he said at my age (25 at the time) that the body is able to deal with it on its own in a way. I took his advice and waited it out. After around 4 months I was back on skates. It hurt with a general soreness for a while, but now I don't notice it much. The only time I feel soreness is with excessive sideways knee motion (the direction your knee doesn't hinge, left and right). Otherwise, I'm fine for the most part. I'd say take your orthopedics advice and see what they recommend. I had no swelling, bruising or any kind of indication of injury other than extreme pain and stiffness.

He also told me at the time of the injury that it wouldn't get worse unless I repeated what injured it originally for the most part. He said be cautious with it but don't compensate too much with the other leg, as it could lead to straining issues on that leg.

Baggy Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote