View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 09:30 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Maybe the Isles have a strong case. But if your intention is for him to play for the Isles next year, do you really want to risk having a ruling go against you just to be spiteful?

It is hard to say exactly what would happen at a hearing since this hasn't happened before. Has a team ever said a player cannot report and then tolled the contract? Would the IIHF be willing to penalize Russian hockey over this case? Who knows?

Nobody wants to see Visnovsky get what he wants at this point, but I think the best scenario for the Isles is to let him play out the year in the KHL and have him report next year.
I have zero faith, that even after agreeing to play a full yr next season, that Vis could be counted on to report next season.So, I see no reason why Snow would give Vis the benefit of the doubt and no reason to try to appease him.

Isles worried about losing the appeal? Then give him the 2-3 weeks with his family, but refuse to consent to him playing any khl games during those 2-3 weeks.

Then when the 2-3 weeks are up, he's either reported to the Isles or coming up with another excuse. At that time, toll his contract.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote