View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Isles Junkie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Which I think we would all be fine with. Just be done with this.
I wouldn't. I don't want this old guy & his declining skills right now. I definitely don't want him next year.

It is high time the Islanders stop being the last breeding ground for ancient NHL players just looking for 1-2 more seasons.

The Isles should aim higher than Lubomir Visnovsky to be in their top 4 next season. A LOT higher.

Plus, how can anyone trust this guy to show up for next season. That's all we need. the club assuming Vis will be here, they don't go out & get another top 4 Dman, and then September rolls around and all of a sudden his parents get really sick, and then his house gets flooded, and then he gets a really bad rash, and whatever other reason he'll have to not report on time.

Get him back here, and if you can trade him ASAP. if you can't, then let him finish out this year and then be done with it.

I don't fault the Isles for trading for him or for how they've handled this situation. But I think tolling the contract, with the intention of him actually playing here next year is the last thing they should do.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote