View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Moe Mantha

vCash: 501
Illegal Curve is unbearable. I guess when it was the only hockey dedicated show in town, I didn't notice how bad it was. Now, it just sticks out on 1290 like a sore thumb.

The knowledge and effort that goes into each show IS impressive, but three things would have to change.
1. They need to take turns talking. At too many points in an IC show there is more than one person talking at once. I understand arguing over a point is what makes shows like this great, but there is a way to argue with your buddies in your mom's basement, and a way to argue on air when people are trying to listen. These guys are still in a basement.
2. Less wrestling talk. For a while last year when I was still listening, there was always some sort of extended reference to wrestling that just completely pulled me out of the show.
3. Less inside jokes. I feel bad saying this, as I can't think of a specific example, but again at times the show just feels like you're eavesdropping on a sports conversation going on at another table. There's no effort to talk to the listener, if that makes any sense.