Old
01-16-2013, 09:53 AM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Hoping Peluso falls to us.
Fill me on Peluso TG. What's the big hype? I haven't seen him play, only know his stats, which aren't all that impressive, but I also know stats don't tell the full story. I trust your judgement, so fill me in please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Peluso? I hope so...But if the Kings pick up an AHL/NHL'er on waivers they can't send him down and we already are log jammed. DL has to sign AHL contract guys only or trade something for prospects already in the AHL.
Why does everyone think they can't send him down? They can so send him down, just he has to be cleared through waivers again, including the team that lost him. Not likely it would happen, I agree, but we can send him down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Simmonds being a reach is ok because it was the 2nd round, not the 1st/

Lombardi was trying to be the smartest person in the room drafting Hickey. It didn't work when Wheeler was drafted, nor Scott Glennie. Lombardi is fortunate that he made it work without Hickey, because he was a few weeks from being fired, and Hickey over Alzner would have been Exhibit A. It was an easy thing to get right, and he didn't. He was fortunate Alec Martinez is going to turn out to be one of the 5 best defensemen from that draft (one filled with defensemen who are busts)
I agree on Hickey and Glennie, but not Wheeler. He was the wildcard of the draft and while some said he was a 2nd round talent, others figured he'd go as high as top 10. At this point, he's scored the 17th most points of anyone from his draft year and he's likely to improve upon that considering some of the guy ahead of him have played as much as 229 more NHL games than he has thus far. If you go by points per game, he ranks approximately 12th and has nearly an identical points per game as Travis Zajac.

Looking just at those drafted around where he was expected to go (1st round through to pick 40) he ranks 9th in points and 7th in points per game. He's actually scored at a better pace than Andrew Ladd (4th overall pick) and is coming off his best NHL season yet by far with 64 points, making him the Jets top scorer last year.

Considering the draft class he was in, yeah maybe #5 was to high but he was definately worth a top 10 pick.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote