View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Terrapin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
This.

I don't understand how people in one thread can constantly worry about the lack of skill on the wings, then turn around and say the wings aren't gritty enough. Even then, it's not like Neal and Kunitz are cupcakes... they have a good amount of strength / sandpaper to their game for guys who have some skill. Just because they're not Jarome Iginla out there, beating the crap out of someone in a fight, doesn't mean they lack grit overall. Dupuis is fine also in this capacity, so the only real question is Tangradi / whoever steps onto line 2.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Short of guys like Iginla and Steve Ott (and Ott's a stretch), there aren't a whole lot of players out there who are "skilled enough" to not look stupid on a scoring line, and who are also "gritty enough" for the typical Pittsburgh mindset (i.e. someone who can literally bang bodies and throw punches with good effect). I think our group up front is pretty damn good. More worried about what's going to happen on D (and hoping Elmer is part of the answer as he can be a big, mean SOB when he wants to), and maybe Bortuzzo. Still, that's swapping one problem (soff) for another (inexperience).

That's hockey in teh Cap era. You're going to have weaknesses / question marks.
I don't think most of us are worried about our top 6 size/toughness. It's the bottom 6 that is questionable at best.

Suter: Not physical
Cooke: Neutered
Kennedy: Too small to make an impact
Vitale: Decent, but on the small side
Adams: Aside from the PK is absolutely worthless
Glass: The only one that fits the bottom 6 mold, but certainly not a feared hitter or fighter.
Jeffrey: Not physical at all.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote