View Single Post
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Yup. Galchenyuk's one (the first one we saw on Budaj) has all those shoulder fakes and he does that heel thing twice (don't know what to call it but it's when he sticks his heel out to slow down and switch directions) first with the right foot then the left. It's an amazing sequence of moves when you break it down.

I like seeing these two vids together because some were saying that Grigorenko was more skilled than Galchenyuk but Galch was just better all around.

When I see these two vids side by side and even from what I've seen from both players in game situations. I think Galch is the better stickhandler. Grigorenko's hands really smooth and effortless but Galch just has that extra oomph in his stickhandling.

I'm really trying to be unbiased but some of the stuff that Galch pulls off is some of the most amazing stick handling I've ever seen at any level. Am I wrong?
Grigorenko's stick handling is excellent, and just beautiful to watch. However, when I watch Galchenyuk, I have more moments where I have to stop the clip, and rewind a couple times, even if it's not as "pretty." I think it's not as pretty because it doesn't immediately seem like he should be able to do what he just did. There just doesn't seem to be enough space to pull off some the moves he pulls off.