Old
01-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I disagree that he has zero bottom-6 potential. Claude Lapointe was a similar type of player in the QMJHL, seen as a small perimeter guy. He went on to play 900 NHL games as a bottom-6, defense-first player by working really hard on this part of his game. He used his offensive skills to use on defense (on-ice awareness, passing, hockey IQ).
So you can find one player who is similar.

And Lapointe was MUCH better defensively than you are giving him credit for. He was really good at taking the puck away from people, really good at making heady stick checks, etc. I've never, ever seen MSC do any of the things that Lapointe used to do. Lapointe was a lot of fun to watch play because of how damn good defensively he was.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote