Thread: Speculation: Value of Scott Hartnell
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 10:39 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Try Ryan, Perry (unsigned), Fowler and 2 firsts. and even then, it makes us a worse team. this team is what it is BECAUSE of Giroux. i know this was said about Mike Richards by some Flyers fans for a bit, but i honestly see Giroux playing his entire career in a Flyers uniform.
I'm as big a fans of Giroux as you'll find, but there's no way in hell the Ducks would consider this trade. The Flyers would jump on it and not even think twice as well. Giroux might be a top three forward in the NHL today, but that trade would instantly give the Flyers probably the best roster in the entire league; and they would still get two first rounders that would be likely to be at least top fifteen. I'm not sure the trade would work as far as the cap goes, but if it did, our roster would look like:

Hartnell-Briere-Perry
Simmonds-Schenn-Ryan
Read-Couturier-Voracek
Rinaldo/Wellwood-Talbot/Laughton-Fedetenko

Timonen-Fowler
Coburn-Meszaros
Grossman-Schenn

Bryz

That's an incredible lineup that would still get better with four first rounders in the next two offseasons. Giroux was just named captain, and will more than likely never be traded, but let's not over-exaggerate his value here.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote