View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Is it really better for the long run? I'm sorry, how do you replace Subban? When Kaberle and Markov are UFAs next summer, if Subban isn't playing for Montreal, do you really rely on Nathan Beaulieu to carry the puck? Do you overspend on the free agency market for someone who really isn't a Montreal Canadiens fan since growing up just because you want to save a little on the cap today?
He hasn't signed yet so MB obviously doesn't think it's the right deal to sign.

I never said I don't want PK, but when PK signs it will be for what works for MB - and he has the habs best interest in mind, not just giving PK whatever he wants in mind.

And again, I don't think we're contenders this year. PK is an RFA so he doesn't have much leverage, even an offer sheet isn't much leverage because we can just match it and all of the PK fans are happy.

But I'm a hab fan, not just a PK fan, and MB is building the habs. Yes, PK is a big part of that but if you ask me MB holds all the cards here...no expectations from us this year means PK will sit until he signs a short term deal imo or signs an offer sheet.