View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 11:26 AM
wpgsilver

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
Exactly.

I don't see True North brass sitting around a boardroom, brainstorming about new and unexplored revenue streams, and deciding that service fees on the back of their STHs for ticket reproduction/distribution was a line of business that they wished to engage in.

True North is in the hockey business, not the ticket production/distribution business. It is common business practice to contract these types of auxiliary administrative functions to businesses better suited to take it on.

Enter Ticketmaster. The $2.50 is Ticketmaster's fee and without pointing any fingers at their business parter, True North came to the defense of their STH's with clarification that we would not be charged for the service. Period. Evar.

People liked the old tickets. It's as simple as that. It's one thing to be dissapointed (I was, for one... Those tickets were awesome last year, and it now requires some personal effort) but some of these reactions are completely out of proportion and the vitriol is misplaced entirely. Comdemning True North for moving forward with a (superior in every way) electronic system reeks of small time, old-school, narrow thinking.

Balance people... Balance.
Good post, I agree.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote