View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 12:27 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
He went overboard, but Meehan certainly is asking for too much money. P.K hasn't proven that he certainly can be that true #1 d-man and can be consistent in the NHL. 2 years is too small of a sample size to sign a big long contract.
First of all...no one knows what Meehan is asking for

Furthermore, if players just got paid for what they've proven...then we'd have a league full of unsigned RFA's. In a perfect world, PK shouldn't get the big bucks until he's proven more, I agree in theory with that

But it's not a perfect world...in reality, most RFA's get paid for what their organization believes they CAN become.

Personally, I can see an argument for both sides...I can see why the Habs want to give him a smaller bridge type of contract...but I can certainly understand why PK Subban and his agent want a big long term contract like many young defensmen have also gotten

No wonder this negotiation has been so tricky...the range of salary/years is so big.

But my gut tells me, with Don Meehan's recent comments in the media...that this is coming to an end soon. As we've learned through the lockout, negotiating through the media is often a tactic used and I don't buy that there's no movement in negotiations, quite the opposite actually