View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 12:32 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I agree especially since we have no idea what's out there by either side. Having said that, perception is reality. And people in the end will often be on the management side and especially in Montreal where the more money you make....the more people can boo you if you don't produce. Price had it tough...but I can't imagine how tough he will have if he doesn't make the big saves. Same for Subban. Would make no sense to me how Subban and Co would be asking for Doughty money, so I would be tempted to call him some names if true....but since it doesn't make any sense, and since we have no idea if it's true or not....the name calling is indeed sad. Especially since we will be the ones cheering him the day he scores 1.
Actually, IMO, it makes complete sense...As an agent, you're job is to get max dollars. So as long as it can be proven reasonably, you ask for the higher end of a contract.

That's just basic stuff...i'm sure he doesn't expect Doughty money, but it's just smart business to ask for it IMO.

But again, why do fans NEED to choose sides when teams negotiate with players?

Contract negotiations are a process, it's the unfortunate side of business in sports...just let it play itself out.