View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Aceonfire
Connor McOiler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky1977 View Post
This is a hard question simply because there are too many question marks. I suspect that IF either of Hemsky or Whitney are dealt that it will be at the deadline and only IF they have had solid seasons. Right now their value is too low to consider moving these assets.

Horcoff on the other hand has minor value in a trade to a team looking to get to the cap floor. The actual dollars left on his deal is $7M with a cap hit of $11M. A team looking to get to the floor might be willing to part with a middling pick in order to pay less that the cap minimum.

On a side note, Richard Cloutier at Hockey Buzz wrote an article here: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Richa...tzky/131/48512 regarding a trade for Shea Weber. While I feel his proposal is light, it does have merit. IF Whitney and Hemsky have solid seasons and get back to the level they were at before their injuries, I could see both of them being moved with a couple of 1st rounders for Weber. *I still think this is a pipe dream, but what else is this forum for anyways
There were rumors of Weber to EDM. Suter leaving ended those rumors.

And if Weber were to be traded, Hemsky + Klefbom and 2 1sts could easily be topped by a few teams.

After the offer sheet mess, I don't think the Nashville brass care where Weber wants to play. If they pay him any of that signing bonus they would expect a return out of him.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote