View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 12:30 PM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
1) with what evidence? I'm not stating my opinion about Brady, it's pretty much fact. A QB doesn't have a career like Brady because he is lucky. Even if Brady is barely in the top 20 greatest QBs ever (he has to be top 5 for everyone, or they are just blinded with hatred), Philly still has no where near that QB play.

2) This second opinion is just ridiculous, come on. Foles and Brady are both tallish white guys, that's about all they have in common.

So, we think Kelly will be successful in Philly because:
A) His system works at the collegiate level
B) The Patriots run a similar offense.

I don't get it, this was just the sexy headline move the Great Forehead and Wonderboy wanted. I'll give chip a chance, and I'm happy to not know exactly what is going to happen this coming season; however, almost every single aspect of this screams mess. My outlook could change, but that depends on who the DC ends up being.
1. Brady is pretty much a consensus top 5 QB all time but it's pretty bold to say it's just a fact. Manning has much better counting stats (yards, touchdowns, yards per attempt, completion percentage) while Brady has been arguably more efficent (less picks, higher QBR) while enjoying more postseason success. You could also argue Brady had better coaching and teammates during his career.

2. I compare two relatively immobile pocket passers with quick releases and the only similarities you see are that they are tall and white? Sounds like you've done some advanced scouting. And the Patriots don't just run a "similar" offense, it's pretty widely accepted that they are running a version of Chip Kelly's Oregon offense. Kelly is obviously going to have to make similar adjustments but it's still his system at heart.

And for the record I don't think Nick Foles is the long term answer, I'm just saying it's possible to use him in a modified version of Chip Kelly's offense.