Old
01-16-2013, 12:33 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Well if you think of Laughton on the 3rd line as a placeholder for Briere, doesn't it seem like Simmonds - Briere - Read was something they pushed from the start?
Yeah I get it, I just feel like Couturier would be better served to have a guy with more offensive ability out there. I think Simmonds offense is underrated and he has the potential to be a solid contributor. Plus I think Talbot is better defensively than Simmonds (who I think is solid as well on D) so Simmonds won't really be missed in that defensive role. Also something I didn't think of until you pointed out the Briere factor was that I would prefer to see Briere out there with the best defensive lineup possible. Throwing Talbot on his wing could really help that line make up for Briere's defense. Read and Talbot could certainly carry the weight, better than Simmonds and Ream IMO.

Essentially the way I see it is swap the two and you get a better offense presence on a sound defensive line (line 2) and you get a better defensive presence on a sound offensive line (line 3).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote