View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's ********. He played on a crappy team and had to play a lot of tough minutes, so if he was even below average defensively he'd have been -50 every year.

At his best he was a top 10 guy(in the NHL) offensively and above average defensively. Based on the measuring stick some people use there are only like 10 d-men in the friggen NHL that are above average defensively(plus 50 that are average and 150 that suck defensively).

I can put together a 30 minute video of Chara, Suter, Weber, Lidstrom, Regehr, Seabrook, Doughty, Staal, Timonen etc making brutal giveaways or getting undressed on defense. Point being bad plays happen to the best of them and will happen to Markov Kaberle and Subban, it doesn't make them "bad defensively".
I have seen more of Kaberle than anyone on this board......book it. He was always a liability in his own end and was a common whipping boy in Toronto when they got eliminated every year from the playoffs. He is incredibly soft and one of the worst d-men in the league in front of his own net.

He was always a great skater/passer but in order for him to get the puck, somebody would have to pass it to him as he rarely took it from an attacker. A true #1 plays in all situations and is not a liability in any aspect of the game. He was never a mainstay on the pk due to his lack of physicality but saw plenty of minutes overall because Toronto's defence corps was usually very bad and he was on for entire PP's more often than not.

If you want to look at stats and draw your conclusions from that........it is common practice on these boards. I prefer to use actual observations.