View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 12:48 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
1. Brady is pretty much a consensus top 5 QB all time but it's pretty bold to say it's just a fact. Manning has much better counting stats (yards, touchdowns, yards per attempt, completion percentage) while Brady has been arguably more efficent (less picks, higher QBR) while enjoying more postseason success. You could also argue Brady had better coaching and teammates during his career.

2. I compare two relatively immobile pocket passers with quick releases and the only similarities you see are that they are tall and white? Sounds like you've done some advanced scouting. And the Patriots don't just run a "similar" offense, it's pretty widely accepted that they are running a version of Chip Kelly's Oregon offense. Kelly is obviously going to have to make similar adjustments but it's still his system at heart.

And for the record I don't think Nick Foles is the long term answer, I'm just saying it's possible to use him in a modified version of Chip Kelly's offense.
A version of the offense is not the exact offense, so it is similar. I'm sure people could debate the talent of QBs all day long, which I really hate doing, I was basing my Brady comments purely off of his succes. It's virtually impossible to have his accomplishments without being one of the best QBs to ever play.

Yes, Foles and Brady are hardly similar. Come one now, one does not need advanced scouting to verify the minimal likeness between Brady/Foles.

I like Nick Foles. Don't know that he is the QB for the next decade, but he seems to be progressing nicely.