View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
There's nothing to indicate he wants special treatment...

He's been the teams most used defensman in all situations for the last 1.5 years (going back to mid way through his rookie season). Why should he accept a deal that would make him the 4th or 5th highest paid dman on the team?

Just think about that for one second...put yourself in his shoes.

The team uses him like a #1 dman...yet they don't want to reward him like one when it's time too?

I'm not entirely sure I wouldn't be holding out either...then again, priciples are important to me.
Let get this straight. PK played as our #1 defenseman because of injury (Markov) and we still finished deadlast in our conference last year. I understand the business of sports don't worry with that and we still own his right for 4 years before he can impose the team his fair right. As for the contract I don't think he deserves anything more than a John Carlson type of contract. Drew Doughty is not the best example as he was already among the top 5 in the business after his 2nd year and was labelled the franchise by his status (olympic champion and 2nd overall pick). If Subban can achive anything more substantial than being the best defenseman on one of the worst franchise last year I would consider giving him a hefty pay raise.