View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
I think they'll be tightening up the defense for sure but they'll still be attack oriented. When we brought in a guy like Grossmann who can keep guys to the outside, work the body, and block shots; our defense improved a lot imo. Bringing in another guy who can play similar or BETTER in Luke Schenn will also be a major improvement.

Coupled with the fact that Timonen said our biggest problem against NJ was that we couldn't break the puck out with all left handed Dmen. So, Holmgren got Gervais, Schenn, and Foster to help in that regard.

I think the attack first system is fine and works under Lavi, and the team is buying into it. We have better defensive pieces and will hopefully focus more on blocking shots and taking the body and since our forwards are a year older and hopefully a bit better defensively, PLUS I think Bryz will play much better this season = I think we'll be okay.

I like this team, the coaching staff, and even the goalie. Let's just see how this season goes and make small adjustments accordingly

ALSO, last year we brought in Max Talbot from the Pens and we kicked there butts in the regular season and playoffs, perhaps thanks to some inside info he could provide. This year we brought in Fedotenko and I expect us to do better against the Rangers