View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Subban had a very quick path to the NHL. How many of these players came into the NHL through a wonderful playoff story. He played all of 2 NHL games before playing 14 games in the playoffs. Personally, he dazzled me in that playoff run, well the whole team did. The only players right now in Subban position are Eller and Desharnais. I can see DD getting something like 2-3 years at around 4-5.5 if this year is as good as last years. But for whatever reason I just don't see him in MTL long term plans. If Eller is the player he is capable of, DD will be the expendable one. (Unless they decide to trade Pleks).

Subban has a right to ask for what he is asking for. Due to injuries he had a lot more responsibility than any other young player coming up and I don't see anyone doing what he did anytime soon. Maybe Gally does, but that is not of our concern since he never played a single NHL game.
Agree with every word (well, except right now I'd keep DD over Eller). But if I'm Bergevin, my biggest headache is selling the exact case you made to those other agents.