View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 02:16 PM
oldgoalie
Things looking up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
My shop is for my parking lot business so its mechanics that work on the sweepers and pavers, not so much cars though we don't have any problems throwing a crate engine into something. Any non-mechanical stuff I outsource.

To tell you the truth OG, I don't know what's under the hood. All I know is my dad called screaming at me that I needed to put in a bid as a matching numbers Chevelle SS with full documentation was going across the stage at Barrett Jackson.

I have some crap I have to deal with this weekend or I'd have been in Scottsdale...so anyways, I logged in, placed my bid at 39k and a minute later it was mine, mine, mine. From the little I saw of the car, the only non-original item was a hurst shifter but the original one was in the trunk.

I was in Palm Beach last month for an auction and the classic muscle cars without numbers or documentations were going for 80k + so I didn't bite.
Those are insane prices. Ther's guys on the camaro forums I haunt that will sell you restored/updated (think new crate motors, interior and safelty equipment, suspension, etc.) for that kind of cash.