Leafs looking into Bernier
View Single Post
01-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Join Date: Dec 2010
1) Leafs are makng noise to try and make Vancouver lower their selling price.
2) Kings need a good backup to win now, since this is a shortened season with fewer losses acceptable than usual and many games on consecutive days.
3) Another team, such as CBJ, TBL, etc., may want a goalie upgrade
their current guys don't step up.
4) Same as 3), except without the "if": this is the year Corey Crawford crashes and burns, and Chicago trades a top forward prospect+ for a goalie.
5) Kings are looking to get a solid young defenseman like, ironically, Karl Alzner (or better, like Tyler Myers
), as return for Bernier, not the Forwards TML and TBL are/were offering.
6) NJD has those defensive prospects, and doesn't need a goalie until after this season, the same time the Kings stop really needing a backup who can win now.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Monarchist