View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 02:38 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i dont have high expectations for this team, if lav is not going to change his style, then i dont see this team going anywhere, you cant rely on the goalie to make impossible saves every game if the d doesnt get the rebounds, it's not possible and very unfair on the goalie to do that, if want him gone, what difference is bringing another goalie going to make?
Bryz was hardly letting through "impossible saves" all last season. For a solid 75% of the year he was particularly Leighton-esque. You can't pay a goalie $5.67m/year to not move well laterally, be constantly out of position, not cut down shooting angles, and not challenge shooters.

I can create a more successful team next offseason by signing Edler to replace Timonen, buying out Bryz, throwing L8on in net, and throwing Bryz's money at Streit or Regehr. Whitney and Hainsey are also UFAs this offseason potentially.

Coburn - Streit
Edler - Schenn
Meszaros - Grossmann

Leighton
Whoeverthe****

Quote:
what goalies are out there if bryz struggles?
Backstrom, Howard, Smith.

If I'm okay with Leighton, literally anyone will be an upgrade...as long as they don't cost $5 ****ing million a year to suck.

Quote:
you really want to make fools of yourselves again if bryz finally wins a cup with another team and saying to yourselves, i wish we could have had him here? i mean great goalies had bad seasons and won cups the next years, quitting on bryz is like giving up on carter and richards and they win cups, i understand you want a cup as much as me but if you are desperate just trying to get rid of someone because you dont like him then what kind of a fan are you? what about sticking with your players for bad or worse and maybe they will get great defense players and great coach and they'll finally win one.
Bryz played like ****. He has half a year to prove he isn't a completely **** goaltender. Hell, he already ****ed up the first half of this season over in Russia.

Quote:
the problem is you want a win it all now goalie, there's no such thing, there's no guarantees, it's not possible, it's a team effort to win one.
There's more of a guarantee if we spend money on a defense to cover up for Leighton than allowing Bryz to play at Leighton level for 3/4th of the year.