06-19-2006, 04:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now
Well, yes. For the following reasons:
1)I enjoyed 100 wins on re-building team.
2) We are not Chara or Redden away from SC final. So far we have only one line. I.e we are not ready for the run as of yet.
3) We need carefully assemble a competitive team (see Oilers) first.
4) There is no such a thing as #1 D at the age of 22 unless it is Brian Leetch. So I do not see any salvation in Hartford as far as Defence is concerned. Our future is in players like Tjutin like it of not. And Rozi is a gap plug for them. I know it is easier to keep switching, call for Staal, Pock, Baranka or whoever. They will have their shot as well as Rachunek and Richter. But it is not what development is all about. It is about patience with what you've got. You do not have that patience. You want a complete product. That's fine. You're only the fan.
1. Its no lock that this team will be a 100 win team next season.

2. They might not be a Redden or Chara away from the Cup finals but they sure as hell will help. And not just for next season for the next four or five. And you're right, this team is only a one team line - hence my reasoning for #1.

3) The Oliers have Chris Pronger. He's helped.

4) You're right there is no such thing as a 22 year old #1 defenseman. That's why I'll settle for one that's 29.