View Single Post
01-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Yes my liege!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
What made it even worse was that they traded 2 1sts to take Teubert. So conceivably they could've had two of those players.
They had the picks which became Myers and Gardiner at one point. They actually traded down one spot with Buffalo, and Buffalo took Myers.

My only thought was that they thought Buffalo wouldn't take Myers. You'd think you'd ask them flat out to not take the player you want as a condition of the trade.

I'd hate to think how sick our D would look with Myers and Gardiner. Granted, we may not have won the cup considering the cap space needed to keep Myers long-term. Assuming we did the same contract extension Buffalo did for him, there's no way we'd have all three of Richards, Carter and Penner and it was that forward depth that really gave us that extra push into the playoffs and to the cup.

Hopefully that is a silver lining to a messed up selection process in the first round. I love our scouting staff... outside of the first round. Aside from Doughty we've been pretty much brutal in the first round.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote