View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Allaire was considered one of the best goalie coaches in the world when he was in Anaheim...whatta hell happend?
I deleted your answer of "Toronto" in your quote, because I don't think that's what happened to him. He was perfect for Giguere. Hiller was able to work with him, and apply it to his game. But Allaire has his way, and for all it looked like in Toronto, he kept imposing that play on everyone. He was trying to force the square through the circle-shaped hole. If a goalie has a basis that works with his blocking-game, you're going to be fine. If you have one that's able to apply his input in a way that makes you improve your somewhat different game, without breaking it down entirely, that may be even better. But especially for a young goalie, if your game doesn't fit him, you're going to get torn apart before getting re-assembled, and there's no telling whether there's going to be important pieces getting lost along the way that made you get to where you were in the first place.

It's a bit bold, but judging from this distance, that's the impression I got. He can work, but I don't really need the risk I see there.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote