Thread: Proposal: montreal - dallas
View Single Post
01-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
If you ask all non-dallas and non-montreal fans who is more valuable, I bet that almost 90 per cent will not only lean toward Benn but they will say you would need at least a second to even it out. Everyone loves their own more . I get it. I seriously hope your never the gm if you wouldn't take Benn straight up over Subban.
I don't think a good - but not dominant/superstar - forward is as important as a #1 (but not superstar) defenseman, that's all. Benn is great, love to have him... but he's not any better than Subban overall. I think they are about equivalent impact. So then it goes to team needs. Habs need everything but a goalie, really. They need a #1D too, though. So no sense in going lateral getting the 1st line forward and opening up a gap on D in the process. They're both RFAs too, with similar hurdles to clear in signing them, so there's no advantages to be gained there vs. Subban being on the sidelines. And I'll be GM one day, I'm sure, so there you have it... it's valid to not be willing to trade Subban straight up for Benn.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote