Thread: Proposal: Sign Scott Gomez
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 04:38 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Tanguay was a different case because we knew he had past success with Iginla and lo and behold, the two found that again. Gomez has never been to Calgary and has never played with anyone currently on Calgary (I don't know about Tanguay's time in Montreal though) so we can't hook our cart onto that dream. Gomez also went a full 12 months without scoring a goal. And he was playing Brian Gionta and (I think) Tomas Plekanec or Rene Bourque (and Cammalleri before that)! Those are not bad players. But Gomez couldn't get anything going with them. I'm sorry but I have absolutely zero hope that he would come here and suddenly find whatever it was he lost.
I am not arguing about Tanguay being different but that is how must people saw it. Also last season Gomez played the majority with Borque the same guy who sucked here and was on the third line. I am not saying Gomez is going to light the world on fire but we have seen players treated or misused in a system an then they bounce back in a new system. What is the harm in bringing him in and giving him a shot.
A) He finds his game and brings an element we need

B) He sucks and gets sent to the Heat where we desperately need offense as well.

Either way he is helping one of our teams.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote