View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 06:44 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I can't help but think this could be Bailey's last year on the Island. Between this enigmatic suspension and him not getting a long term deal from Garth two years ago, it seems to me like he will be dealt for some help defensively this offseason. He is going to miss significant time in this already shortened season and I can see one of our prospects pushing for that 2nd line left winger spot.

I can see him being attractive to a team like San Jose. They lack forward depth and even though they have an aging defensive unit, they have Jason Demers who is a RFA at the end of the year and will be looking for a raise just like Bailey. Demers would bring in a right handed shot and some offensive skills and would fit in well with the youth movement. With Clowe likely testing the UFA market this season, they could be looking for a top six winger to play with Thornton or Couture. I could be totally wrong with this and the Sharks could send off Boyle for a nice return and resign Demers with that money as well.
Bailey could very well be trade bait in the offseason. The best case scenario is that he impresses when he's ready to play whether or not he's a part of the future.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote