View Single Post
Old
06-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hook
Reminds me of my senior year of high school hockey. My junior year I was the 5th defenseman and saw semi-regular shifts, but come senior year it was obvious that my game hadn't progressed and my shifts started going to younger kids. I contemplated quitting the team by Xmas, but after sleeping on it, I decided to finish out my last season. I'm glad I stuck around because it would've always been a bad memory for me if I had quit playing a game I love my senior year.
Sadly it was differant for me, I did quit my senior year partially due to my coach but also do to my being an idiot and leaving my house 1am on a school night cause my girl friend had a bad dream or somethin and my rents freaked out. But I started Sophomore and Junior year first line with 2 seniors and in my senior year i was bumped back to 3rd line with some sophmores which didnt make any sense, but where I played was really political and I was from another town than those kids so thats part of it. Anyway thats why I want to coach hockey now, especially youth, Favoritism is bad and it gave me my only bad memory from hockey and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote