View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Obryantj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
The kids passed their first 'big' test today. A 4-0 win against the 4th or 5th best team. My vets already beat two of the other top 5. So the kids only have one more tough game in the first half.
I lost 0-1 at home to the Psychos today. What's really weird is the 3rd star. 0 shots, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 +/-, 0 PIM.

Game link

Quote:
That's one of the reasons I haven't gone crazy on the market yet. I would like to have enough cash on hand to build facilities when current construction is finished. But I'm getting closer to buying someone anyway. I need to do something to make up some ground on the top four.

How much would you guys pay for a soccer mid or Dman with around 1100 OR and a 25+ in game rating? I'm probably looking at a 22 or 23 year old, but a 21 yo with 5/6 would be so much better
At CD, I would expect 1100 OR to be 30+ in-game rating. I don't train shooting on my defenders, so that might explain why.

At both positions, I would pay about 200M for a 20 yo at 5/6 in the neighborhood of 1100 and significantly less for older and worse CL players. 200M may not be enough to land a player like that, but its about how much I would be willing to pay (assuming the qualities are adequate).

Quote:
That's the problem. I don't have any facilities to build. Everything is under construction. The only things I could build are snack bars and the other arena accessories for boosting attendance(lighting, sound, pitch, whatever). But I don't need that since I'm selling out all the time.
That makes sense. Are you building HR-15 ASAP or waiting until closer to the end of the season (while ensuring you'll have it for season 10 offers)?

I'm leaning towards putting off RF-15 until the beginning of next season or so, depending on what I'm able to land on the market. The MnC and MdC should be easy enough to upgrade when their current construction finishes, costing a bit less than my sponsorship offers.