View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 07:42 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
NHL Central Scouting will be the first to admit that their rankings are meant for NHL teams to use a guide when trying to determine who they should see in the second half of the season. It's not like an agency such as Redline, who ranks as if they were an NHL team, drafting. That's sort of what sets them apart, and I think it's the reason we sometimes see very obscure rankings from them.

For me, the Corbett ranking came out of left field. I've seen Sudbury quite a few times (especially live) in the past couple of years. To be honest, I've never really noticed Corbett, other than for being a fairly sturdy stay at home defenseman. Every team in the league can attest to having a player or two like that who just doesn't generate NHL interest. That said, bravo NHL Central Scouting, you've done your job. DO I agree with the ranking? No, I don't see it. The next time I see Sudbury play will I focus more on Corbett? Absolutely.
Corbett is a very sturdy, no nonsense dman and definitely deserves to be #66 amongst OHL skaters.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote