View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 08:17 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I really wish I had seen more of Kulikov's play... What's the biggest difference between him and Gardiner? People say Kulikov has a better chance of being a #1 than Gardiner does.

I'm finding it hard to get excited about him for O'Reilly but a lot of people seem to like the idea.
They are two different sorts of players. Kulikov is an all around defensemen while Gardiner will be more of an offensive dynamo that might develop to being average defensively.

Kulikov is a fairly physical defensemen (104 hits in 58 games last season) and is a good shot blocker. He has a high hockey IQ, but being as young as he is he is still prone to mistakes and can get himself out of position at times. This will go away with experience. Offensively his is just solid all around. He will never really impress with his shot, speed, or passing, but he will be very solid in all 3 areas. He will probably max out 7-10g 30-35a playing 82 games. He is already a solid #3 (would be a 2 on the Avs) and should project into being a good #1. I see him at worst being a serviceable top pairing defender.

Last edited by henchman24: 01-16-2013 at 08:25 PM.