View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I thought that the Eller-Moen-AK combo was terrific. If Bourque can someone show Andrei's skill level (which complemented Eller's), it will be a great line. (Assuming we see the Bourque Supremacy.)
The thing is Andrei brought something to that line that wasn't there, Bourque doesn't really. Andrei was a good stickhandler with creative passing, not to mention his great shot. We're talking about a guy that could do tip passes, we don't have many of those guys. That's why he complemented Eller well, both of those guys could dangle the puck around in the offensive zone well and dance around opponents. Moen benefited from it as he let them do their thing and he got the garbage goals. Bourque is more of a crash the net type, has a nice shot, but he doesn't have the hands AK had nor the creativity.
So, I'm not convinced these guys can be as good. A lot of it will depend on Eller carrying the play a lot more, and Bourque will really have to be at the top of his game again. Otherwise, I don't see them working all that well.