View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Habnot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
There were circumstances which lead to Price and Patches both not developing linearly is what I'm trying to say. Price was not a backup, quit labeling him as such because if he were then why would we trade our #1 goaltender for Eller. Halak was hot and Martin rode him into the playoffs, and then that was the end of him in MTL. Same for Patches he started out fine with Gomez and Gionta and in retrospect props to him to be able to produce on that line and be their glue because sans Max I can't remember them producing. Max was always special but mishandled.

If they got bridge contracts maybe Subban should get one too then by that logic hmm?

Again, I'm not advocating he should, as I made it clear that we should treat each case individually, but don't belittle Max and Price just because you think Subban should get payday.
I don't think anyone is belittling Price or Patches but we have short memories. I was at the Bell Center the first exhibition game in 2011 when Price got mercifully booed throughout the game.