01-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
If I had to pick 1 it would be Hodgson.

First, I see Ennis as a good center and Foligno as a developing PF. Stafford seams like a streaky goal scorer that you find on teams in the middle of the pack. Even in his best statistical season he scored over 30% of his goals in 4 games. Come playoff time he will be either hot, during which time we will win more likely than not, or he will be cold, which will leave a gaping hole in our primary offensive line.

Second, I do believe Darcy is looking to make a trade involving top 6 skaters that involves bringing talent in. Poms wears the C, Vanek plays on a crap contract, Foligno is a rare commodity, and Hodgson was just brought in last trade deadline so I dont think Darcy would move him for at least 2 more seasons. Leaving Stafford and Ennis as the primary trade pieces to make a move on a Bobby Ryan caliber player.

Third, The Ennis line is going to be getting the juiciest of offensive assignments this season. As Grigorenko develops beyond this season those assignments (I hope) will eventually become his, diminishing the Ennis lines value as a whole moving forward.

Fourth, Hodgson is a solid individual physically. Ennis is small. There are plenty of good small players but all of them are required to be better than their peers to achieve the same amount. If you are asking me to choose I'll choose the bigger guy.
Good post.... as for me I'd take one in hand over two in the bush.... We will see, I hope Hodgson can back up his draft status but he's been moved once in a short career so imo the burden is on him.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote