Thread: Proposal: Sign Scott Gomez this week?
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 10:28 PM
bauer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
A ~$1M player as the 4th line center. Where's the distraction, here? It would be a far less distraction than being cruficied for a contract with a team that didn't even sign him. He also wasn't given good teammates to play with last year, although if he's penciled in for 4th line center, that wouldn't change much.

Also, he'll play more than 5 minutes. 5 minutes is what Rinaldo gets because he's not a real player. Our 4th line centers last year was generally either one of Talbot or Couturier, both of whom were over 15 minutes (partially because they moved up and down the lineup), and the year before Blair Betts was over 10 minutes per game. If Giroux plays 20 minutes, and Briere/Couturier/Read/Talbot/whoever split 30 minutes between 2 of them (as center), someone has to fill up the other 10 minutes.
i'd rather have Talbot or Wellwood centering our 4th line. and who says he's even signing for 1M anyway? if multiple teams are interested in him, he'll likely get a bit more than that. i don't get the fascination some people have with wanting him here. he's really not all that good anymore. i'd take a chance on Redden before i'd touch Gomez.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote