View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
For Saskatoon, even before addressing the market, a whole new arena will be required. The existing barn, while having enough seating, would never support the kind of revenues required to run an NHL franchise. Only if a potential owner thought that hurdle could be crossed would they even contemplate anything there, even then it would have to be based on some VERY aggressive growth expectations for the province. Uranium, potash and underground bitumen can only get you so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

Seriously, Winnipeg required what amounts to an out-of-town sugar daddy to be possible, and they're something like three or four times the size. I just don't see how it's feasible.
Yeahhhhh, I see what you're getting at, but you're a little off the mark there. I wouldn't call it sugar daddy, but whatever, if you're interested in learning a little more there's lots written about his involvement in TNSE and how it went from a multi-headed monster a-la Edmonton's former ownership group to the current Chipman/Tompson partnership.

Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote