Thread: Proposal: Montreal and Minnesota
View Single Post
01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Miller Time
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post

P.K. Subban (on basis that a deal would be ready to sign with the Wild)

RW Devin Setoguchi
D Matt Dumba
1st Round Pick in 2013

This is just an outside fan thinking outside the box. The Wild need another top 4 dman and would get a top pairing one in Subban. The Habs get a quality top 6 forward, an excellent d prospect who could turn out like Subban and a 1st round selection in a very deep draft this season. I think this would definitely give Minny another huge boost towards going deep in the playoffs. This would help the Habs in the forward department while their talented defensive prospects such as Tinordi, Bealieau, Dumba, and Ellis can begin to step in to try and fill Subban's void.

I think this is a good basis for a deal, although I know the Habs would be reluctant to trade Subban. Probably some different tweaks and what not would help it out as well. What do you think?
one of the better proposals I've seen lately.
nice amount of risk/reward going both ways.

THing is, ff it does come to the habs having to trade Subban, it will be because they can't agree to a contract (and likely that Subban is firmly in the 5M$+ range in terms of contract demands).

Minny is at 13M$ in cap space for next year, take off another 5.5M$ for Subban, and that leaves them with 7.5M$ to sign 6-7 players, and that includes re-signing (or replacing?) Backstrom.

I don't think Minny does the deal on that basis alone, unfortunately, because if the Habs do decide to move Subban, that is precisely the kind of deal that they would need to get for him.