View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 11:19 PM
JetsFlyHigh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Regardless of what his business connections are with Winnipeg, it's extremely hard to see the Jets flying home without Thomson's largesse.

I'm very thankful for that as I've been wanting the Jets to return to Winnipeg since the moment they left, but the Jets aren't there if Thomson is out of the picture.

Saskatchewan...it's too small, period. Winnipeg is the absolute minimum size for a market to have a team in the NHL. I don't care about how well they support the Riders; the Riders play only once a week, on the weekend, during the summer. Let's see how many people are going to be making the drive from Lloydminster to Saskatoon on a Wednesday night in January.

Maybe some day they will be large enough for that to happen, but they're going to have to triple in size for it to be realistic.
What did I just say?

"The Jets were made possible by: The MTS Centre, TNSE and the background of owning a pro hockey team, Winnipeg - being the only viable option at that time, and the availability of a franchise."

All of those things. Sure Thomson would have been there, but there wouldn't be an arena if it wasn't needed for TNSE's hockey team. And Winnipeg wouldn't have been looked at as a potential market if we didn't have a team, and no team would've moved if Atlanta wasn't for sale. All those things worked in their own time, to come together and make a wonderful story. The end.

JetsFlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote