Thread: Rumor: Zack Bogosian to Detroit
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Like I said this isn't my proposal this is a well connected member of the Detroit media, I think he might be off.

But basically your counter in terms of your system is someone asking for Mark Scheifele, Jacob Trouba and a 1st. Those are Detroit's top two guys and both are NHL ready. They weren't top 10 picks but most of their status is actually earned in pro hockey. I cannot imagine the package they are available for, they weren't put in together for Rick Nash.

I understand wanting that package it is just one that is highly unlikely to be trotted out by Detroit. I can see Nyquist and Kindl, I do think they need to add to Nyquist but how much is the real question.

I like Bogosian and he is young but two top 30 NHL ready prospects and a first is more than I think the Jets are getting in all honesty.
Except they're not as highly regarded as Schiefele and Trouba. Best prospect = best prospect is a fallacy. Otherwise Yakupov for Toffoli would be a conversation.

Why the hell would Winnipeg want Nyquist and Kindl? Do you see Detroit making that trade if the tables were turned? Not in a million years. Would you trade Smith for Klingberg and Postma if Smith broke out better than in your wildest dreams? I'm gonna go on a limb and say no.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote